Christchurch South Community Gardens Trust are looking for volunteers to join their Board. A few positions are available to grow a mix of skills. No prior experience is necessary, just a willingness to get involved.
As a board member you will join as one of approx 70 volunteers who maintain our garden and 4 other board members. There is a wealth of talent and energy given to the trust and the community gardens on a daily basis – from gardening and pickling to landscaping and building.
Some volunteers contribute their time independently several times each week, others come occasionally, as part of a group, or supported by a social service provider. There is a niche and a role for everyone at the gardens.
Input includes one meeting per month plus other committee work as able. In return you’ll be part of a productive, active community development project, helping us to support a sustainable neighbourhood.
Areas of involvement could include:
– Public Relations
– Policy Development
– Not For Profit Business Planning
– Human Resource Support
– Community Networking and Education
– Promotion of Neighbourhood Sustainability
– Social Media
– General Governance
– Building and Gardening
To develop a resource for the Christchurch community that actively supports a sustainable neighbourhood and enhances social well-being through participation in a neighbourhood community garden..
Core values of the CSCGT
– Food Security & Health Promotion
– Neighbourhood Sustainability & Education
– Beautification of the Environment & Waste Minimisation
– Promotion of Community Development & Social Wellbeing
– Enhancing cultural understandingPositions are available on our Board of Trustees
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer