Situated at 188 Strickland Street, Sydenham, the gardens have developed since 1999 on a CCC site into a multi-purpose community resource thanks to the generosity of Christchurch South Community Gardens Trust board and staff, local residents, CCC, funders and volunteers.
Our goals are:
- to grow food together as a community
- to beautify and to improve the environment
- to increase our gardening knowledge with a cooperative setting
There are many opportunities for participating. We can offer:
- Work experience for a wide range of social service clients
- Workshops on home composting, pickling, preserving, general horticulture, seed saving, garden craft
- Opportunities to participate in community events
- Opportunities to become involved in the Christchurch South Community Gardens Trust Board
- Programmes for school groups
- Speakers and tours for garden groups/clubs
- Research opportunities for students
- NCEA Unit Standard Assessments
- Plants and fresh produce at low/no cost to the community
- A friend environment to share and to learn.
Read about our opportunities for you to get involved in the menu above, or contact us with your thoughts and enquiries! We would love to hear from you.
Check out our News & Events page for the latest events and notices. To keep up to date, like our Facebook page, or subscribe to our quarterly newsletter which is available by email. Send us your email address to email@example.com and we’ll add you to our circulation list.
Feel free to drop in at any time to look around and to see what is going on.